Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT) training offers the first and only certification of its kind worldwide. It was launched by the IAPP in 2014 to meet the growing need that only tech pros can fill - securing data privacy at all stages of IT product and service lifecycles.
This course offers a robust, interactive opportunity to learn about critical privacy concepts that are also integral to the CIPT exam. While not purely a “test prep” course, it is appropriate for professionals who plan to certify as "Certified Information Privacy Technologists", as well for those who want to deepen their privacy knowledge. Both the course and the exam are based on the same body of knowledge.
Kromann Reumert is an authorised International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) training partner. Read more about IAPP here.
The CIPT course consists of eight modules and runs over two consecutive days:
- Tuesday, 9 March and Wednesday, 10 March 2021.
At the course you will learn:
- critical privacy concepts and practices that impact IT
- consumer privacy expectations and responsibility
- how to bake privacy into early stages of IT products and services for cost control, accuracy and speed-to-market
- how to establish privacy practices for data collection and transfer
- how to preempt privacy issues in the Internet of Things
- how to factor privacy into data classification and emerging tech such as cloud computing, facial recognition and surveillance
- how to communicate privacy issues with partners such as management, development, marketing and legal.
The content of each module are detailed in the PDF that can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.
The CIPT course is for professionals who work and/or are responsible for IT, information security, privacy by design, data management, audit or software engineering.
PRICE FOR PARTICIPATION
The price includes all catering, course material, exam (optional) as well as a course certificate.
- Course fee for CIPP/E, CIPM or CIPT, including certification test, is DKK 17,995 excl. VAT.
- Course fee for CIPP/E, CIPM or CIPT, not including certification test, is DKK 14,650 excl. VAT.
- Course fee for two courses, including certification tests, is DKK 33,000 excl. VAT.
- Course fee for two courses, not including certification tests, is DKK 29,300 excl. VAT.
- The price of a subsequent certification test is DKK 3,360 excl. VAT.
Please note that the price includes a 1-year membership of IAPP. For existing IAPP members, participation will extend your membership by 1 year.
On the first day of the course, participants will receive printed course material which will also be sent electronically a few days before the course starts.
Please note that the course and all course materials are in English.
You can read more about the certification process on IAPP's website here.
COMBINING THE CERTIFICATIONS CAN BE THE OPTIMAL SOLUTION FOR YOU
You also have the possibility of supplementing CIPT with CIPP/E and/or CIPM, which Kromann Reumert also offers. With a combination of all three certifications you will have the qualifications to succeed in a DPO or similar role.
Read more about CIPP/E here and CIPM here.
KROMANN REUMERT'S PROCESSING AND TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO THE USA
The course "Become a data privacy expert with international CIPP/E certification" is offered in cooperation with the INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF PRIVACY PROFESSIONALS (IAPP), 75 Rochester Ave., Portsmouth, NH 03801 USA.
Once you register for the course, data about your name, email address, employer and occupation as well as data on and titles of your courses will be transferred to the IAPP in the USA. This is necessary in order to complete the course and to allow you access to online training material, register you as a member of the IAPP, and make the required arrangements before a certification exam, if relevant.
The transfer of your personal data to the IAPP in the USA is necessary for the performance of the training course contract between you and Kromann Reumert, see article 49(1)(b) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and for the performance of the contract concluded in your interest between Kromann Reumert and the IAPP, see article 49(1)(c) of the GDPR.